Wilderness Committee Canvass Field Manager (Vancouver)
Concerned about the weakening of environmental legislation in Canada, pipelines, oil tankers and tar sands? How about river privatization, old-growth forest and endangered species in BC? Engage your passion through grassroots education on our campaign issues as well as our fundraising drive. It's an excellent opportunity to build your communication skills and become confident in community engagement.
The Wilderness Committee is currently accepting applications for our door-to-door Canvass Field Manager position. In addition to canvassing, the Field Manager will also be responsible for driving duties and leading the canvass team during a shift. Full-time hours are Monday to Thursday from 4:30 to 10:00 pm, with a minimum commitment of two days per week. Canvassing pays dividends and helps everyone's future.
- Hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Knowledge of the Wilderness Committee's mandate and campaigns
- Passionate about Canada’s wildlife and wild places
- Committed to social causes and movements
- An excellent communicator and people person with strong relationship building skills
- Well organized with an eye for details
- Skilled in administrative and financial tasks such as tracking, reporting and working with cash
- Able to find humour in the face of adversity
- Experience leading a team is an asset
- Ability to speak a second common language is a bonus (e.g. Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi, Hindi, French, Tagalog, etc.)
We are also seeking regular canvass applicants for those without a valid driver’s licence.
For more information or to apply, please call our Canvass Team direct at 604-683-8220, or email firstname.lastname@example.org