How much will it cost?
The Wilderness Committee is truly people powered — funded nearly 100% by individual donors like you and I. From events and rallies, community meetings, and door-to-door canvassing, we engage tens of thousands of people at a grassroots level each year on critical environmental issues facing us all and supporters give what they can, when they can.
COVID-19 has taken its toll. But we are honoured by donors who’ve continued to support us and those who’ve stepped up to increase their support when others have been unable to.The Fund for Ancient Forests ensures we’ll have what we need — your investment and your backing — to be bolder, more creative and more effective at getting remaining old-growth forests protected before they vanish forever.
The cost for three years is estimated at $600,000, with the following annual breakdown:
- Vancouver Island: research, expeditions, engagement, government relations and advocacy: $80,000
- Mainland BC: engagement as above: $50,000
- Field Expeditions and Trailbuilding: monitor and document old-growth in cut blocks, deferral areas & hot spots for protection. Clear and build trails through at-risk wilderness areas: $15,000
- Mapping, Videos & Communications: $40,000
- Materials, Online tools, Virtual Events and Legal engagement: $15,000
So far, we've raised $158,000 — several key donors have stepped up with an initial donation. Your gift matters. Your contribution today sustains our work for the long term.
Will you join us in investing in the Wilderness Committee's Fund for Ancient Forests today?
With your help, we can carry on our accountable, grassroots tradition of action for the ancient forests of British Columbia.