Now Hiring - Door Canvassers in Victoria
Concerned about old growth forest and endangered species in BC? How about the weakening of environmental legislation in Canada, river privatization, pipelines, oil tankers, and tar sands? Engage your passion through grassroots education on our campaign issues as well as our fundraising drive. This is an excellent opportunity to build your communication skills and become confident in community engagement.
The Wilderness Committee is currently accepting applications for our door-to-door environmental canvasser position.*
Full-time hours are Monday to Thursday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. (in winter) or 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. (in summer), with a minimum commitment of two days per week. Canvassing pays dividends and helps everyone's future.
- Knowledge of the Wilderness Committee's mandate and campaigns
- Passionate about Canada’s wildlife and wild places
- Committed to social causes and movements
- An excellent communicator and people person with strong relationship-building skills
- Well organized with an eye for details
- Skilled in administrative and financial tasks such as tracking, reporting and working with cash
- Able to find humour in the face of adversity
- Ability to speak a second common language is a bonus (e.g. Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi, Hindi, French, Tagalog, etc.)
For more information or to apply, please contact Estefania at 250-388-9292, or by email email@example.com
*Women are strongly encouraged to apply