Now Hiring - Door Canvassers in Vancouver
Concerned about old growth forest and endangered species in BC? How about the weakening of environmental legislation in Canada, river privatization, pipelines, oil tankers, and tar sands? Engage your passion through grassroots education on our campaign issues as well as our fundraising drive. This is an excellent opportunity to build your communication skills and become confident in community engagement.
The Wilderness Committee is currently accepting applications for our door-to-door environmental canvasser position.
Full-time hours are Monday to Thursday from 4:30 to 10:00 p.m., with a minimum commitment of two days per week. Canvassing pays dividends and helps everyone's future.
- Knowledge of the Wilderness Committee's mandate and campaigns
- Passionate about Canada’s wildlife and wild places
- Committed to social causes and movements
- An excellent communicator and people person with strong relationship-building skills
- Well organized with an eye for details
- Skilled in administrative and financial tasks such as tracking, reporting and working with cash
- Able to find humour in the face of adversity
Your primary duty is recruiting donors with a focus on our monthly giving program.
- Some experience leading a team is an asset
- Ability to speak a second common language is a bonus (e.g. Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi, Hindi, French, Tagalog, etc.)
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
We are also seeking canvass applicants with a valid driver's licence for field managing duties.
For more information or to apply, please call our Canvass Team at 604-683-8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org